I am a London and New York trained fashion industry professional with over fifteen years experience working with fashion, beauty, lifestyle and retail brands.
I started as a stylist and editor from the editorial world of Manhattan where I'd been fashion editor and director for Condé Nast and Hearst, as well as Director of PR for fashion footwear mavens Sigerson Morrison. At Nordstrom in Seattle I parlayed this experience into the retail world taking my creative abilities to translate runway into "real-way". I produced trend driven fashion messaging for marketing as well as cohesive style reports to provide direction to buyers for product selection and styling inspiration for photo shoots. I interpreted seasonal concepts into viable stories, setting the styling tone ensuring consistency of presentation across all platforms.
My aesthetic and keen eye for detail provide a highly sought after sensibility in today's ever changing fashion and design world.
My specialties include concepting and executing creative imagery to develop seasonal fashion and accessory design and to support merchants in preparation for market, developing marketing and branding strategies, creating marketing partnerships, trend reporting and forecasting, conceptualizing and creating content for editorial, art directing and styling fashion photo shoots, editing and curating editorial pages, including compelling trend stories and "must have" ideas and items which provide seasonal flow, storytelling, styling and communication across all media channels.
contact me: email@example.com
Portland • Seattle • New York
I am a creative professional with over fifteen years experience working with fashion, beauty, luxury-lifestyle and consumer brands. My fashion expertise is grounded in magazine publishing where I spent over 10 years at Condé Nast Publications as senior fashion editor at Lucky, the first magazine to merge editorial with shopping, and founding fashion director at Cookie, the first award winning luxury parenting magazine. I'm a social media and digital insider whose approach to fashion concept direction ensures a holistic brand experience. I've made a mark leading brands to define their image and achieve results.
SKILLS: Customer Focused, Deadline & Change Management, Encourage creative problem solving, Entrepreneur, Fact Checking & Sourcing, Goal Oriented, Results Driven, Team Leader
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE: Excel, Google+, Instagram, InDesign, LinkedIn, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Skype, Twitter, Wix, WordPress
Fashion & Trend Director 2013 - current
www.laurenbently1.com New York / Seattle / Los Angeles
* Concept and execute creative imagery to create seasonal fashion and accessory design.
* Produce comprehensive style reports post runway, provide direction to merchants for product
* Deliver key messaging strategies with marketing, design and copy teams for email and site content to drive consumers to sites & maximize sales.
* Edit and curate editorial pages, including compelling trend stories and "must have" ideas to provide seasonal flow, storytelling, styling and communication across all media channels.
* Build partnership relationships to increase revenue through design collaborations and pop up shop initiatives.
* Spearhead creative direction to elevate brands and attract attention.
Fashion Editor / Creative Marketing 2012 - 2013
Nordstrom Seattle, WA
* Developed trend driven fashion messaging for marketing of new storefronts in New York and
* Produced style reports post runway, provided direction to merchants for product selection/styling inspiration
and designing new lines of women's fashion and accessories.
* Styled fashion shoots for all media including digital and traditional in new online marketing efforts to roll out brand into new digital environments.
* Created seasonal apparel designs with Nordstrom Product Group (NPG) for evolving markets including plus
* Creative director of mood boards for rebranding of store departments and in-house brands across all stores.
* Provided fashion content for editorial calendars, e-commerce and social media for Nordstrom brand.
Director of Public Relations 2010 – 2012
Sigerson Morrison / Belle New York, NY
* Direct liaison between brands and all magazines, blogs, newspapers and television.
* Spokesperson for television segments and newspaper articles to build and maintain global customer base.
* Built viable co-branding partnerships with J. Crew, Madewell, Target & HSN to boost sales and press.
* Established and managed all social media including developing voice, creative content and direction.
* Delivered profitable marketing and branding strategies for seasonal collections.
* Leveraged technical resources to design and create campaign deliverables, including email invitations,
articles and marketing videos.
ENTREPRENEUR 2008 - 2010
Founder/Co-Owner/Baker New York, NY
Made Fresh Daily
*Built successful New York City bakeshop from ground up in Lower Manhattan's historic
South Street Seaport district.
Fashion Director/Founder 2005 - 2007
Cookie/ Condé Nast Publications New York, NY
* Determined fashion direction for magazine launch.
* As founder built ad revenue from non existent to just under $50 million base.
* Successfully led fashion department, including editors, assistants, and freelancers.
* Established relationships with public relations in US and abroad.
* Styled and produced all fashion pages and celebrity covers.
* Awarded by Advertising Age as Launch of the Year 2007.
Senior Fashion Editor 2003 – 2005
Lucky Magazine, Condé Nast Publications New York, NY
* Conceptualized, styled and produced monthly fashion features.
* Senior editor for monthly “Editor’s Picks” personal style column.
* Art directed on-model fashion and still life shoots by overseeing photographer, set design,
lighting/mood, scene inspiration & hands-on styling.
* Styled and produced fashion pages and covers.
* Awarded by Advertising Age as Magazine of the Year 2003.
Alumnae, Anthropologie, Assouline Books, Bergdorf Goodman, BMW, CFDA, Cover Girl, Dewars, InStyle,
J. Crew, Madewell, Mercedes-Benz, MVVO Art, NASA, Neiman Marcus, New York Magazine, The New York Times, Nordstrom, Refinery 29, Real Simple, Roxy/Quiksilver, Selima Optique, Sigerson Morrison, Time Out New York
Schiller University, London, England. Bachelor of Arts, English Literature.
London College of Fashion/University of the Arts, London, England. Fashion Design program.